In order to understand who DWR is and why you should consider it your trusted partner in reinforcing steel solutions, it is essential to learn more about DEACERO®.
DEACERO® is the leading provider of reinforcing steel solutions for the construction industry, built on a foundation of trust and reliability.
The history of DEACERO® dates back to the 1950s when the company, previously called Productos de Acero S.A. started as a small workshop with a dozen workers at the core of Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico.
Through the years, the mission of DEACERO® has been to help people build their dream projects by delivering reliable, top-grade, cost-effective reinforcement steel solutions with superior service and production capabilities.
With the vision of becoming the global leader in reinforcing steel solutions the company has never stopped expanding through the acquisition of foreign and domestic companies.
In 2012, the company acquired Mid-Continent Nail Corporation to further its expansion in US soil. With this acquisition, DEACERO® developed a new business unit focused only on and for the US and Canada markets called MID-CONTINENT STEEL AND WIRE. So, where does DWR stand in all these? Let us answer that question.
DWR, which stands for Deformed Welded Wire Reinforcing, is a trusted brand of the American manufacturer and a top supplier of high-quality steel tailored solutions known as MID-CONTINENT STEEL AND WIRE, the business unit that was developed by DEACERO® in 2012.
Now, DWR is a leading provider of reinforcing steel solutions for construction projects of all sizes and complexities. With decades of experience in the industry, DWR Deformed Welded Wire Reinforcing has built a reputation for excellence in quality, customer service, and sustainability as we believe that sustainability is an opportunity for growth, innovation, and long-term value for our business.
In this article, we will explore the products and services offered by DWR and how they can benefit your construction project.
Products Offered by DWR
DWR offers a wide range of reinforcing steel products, including:
- Rebar: high-strength steel bars used to reinforce concrete structures whether they are prefabricated or site-poured.
- WWR (Engineering/Structural Welded Wire Reinforcement and Standard Wire Mesh): a prefabricated steel mesh used for reinforcement in walls and foundations. This is a recent development that has been used in some of the tallest buildings in the world.
- PC strand: Also known as prestressed concrete strand, is a high-strength, steel cable-like product used in the construction industry. This is commonly used in bridges, roads and some buildings.
- Steel fibers: this reinforcement makes concrete a compound material by combining cement with natural or artificial fibers and water. The fibers enhance both the resistance and durability of the concrete for different structural elements applicable to bridges, roads, airports, parking garages, warehouses, dams, among other projects.
- Steel bars & beams: fabricated to project specifications to maximize resources while lowering costs, time, and labor.
- Tie wire: a soft and malleable wire ideal for use in domestic ties and construction assemblies.
- Gabions: according to project specifications.
- Fabricated solutions: DWR also offers custom fabrication services to meet unique project requirements such as galvanizing, punching and cutting.
It is important to highlight that all our products are manufactured by using energy-efficient processes and recycled materials, which helps us fulfill our commitment to sustainability by reducing our carbon footprint and environmental impact. Moreover, our sustainability efforts have earned us a LEED certification from the US Green Building Council (USGBC). So, our products automatically qualify for LEED credits MR 4.1 and MR 4.2.
Services Offered by DWR
DWR commitment to quality extends beyond its products and into its services. The company offers a range of services to support its customers’ construction projects, including:
- Project Planning: DWR works with customers to understand their project requirements and provide expert advice on the best reinforcing steel solutions.
- Fabrication and Manufacturing: DWR state-of-the-art manufacturing facility produces high-quality reinforcing steel products to exact specifications.
We are proud to say that we have offered all our products and the services described above to today’s leaders in the energy and utilities manufacturing markets for over 15 years. But we do not stop here, we work to offer the best services to all project developers in any sector. At DWR, no job is too large or too small.
Benefits of Working with DWR
Partnering with DWR for your reinforcing steel needs offers several benefits, including:
- High-quality products that meet or exceed industry standards.
- Expert advice and support throughout the project lifecycle.
- Competitive pricing and flexible payment options.
As you can see, DWR is your trusted partner for all your reinforcing steel needs. With a commitment to quality and customer service, DWR provides the expertise and support needed to ensure the success of your construction project.
Contact DWR today to learn more about our products and services and how we can benefit your project.